Last modified: February 23, 2020
This policy describes the privacy practices of Lost Coast Wellness, LLC (“Company” or “We”) and how we collect, use, maintain, and disclose personal information that we collect from you through the LostCoastWellness.com website (the “Website”).
The Policy applies to information we collect through the Website. This Policy does not apply to information collected:
- offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
If you have any questions about the Policy, the Website, or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Lost Coast Wellness, LLC
3867 Plaza Tower Drive, 1st Floor
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Phone: (707) 986-4182
1. Information We May Collect and How we May Collect It
Personal Information: We may collect certain kinds of “Personal Information” through the Website, including but not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. Please do not submit any categories of information that we do not request, and do not submit any kinds of confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, medical information, or passwords or other means to access any email or other accounts.
Children’s Information: The Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us using our above contact information.
Automated Data Collection: As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We may collect information, including information concerning the details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies: The Website may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. Cookies are small pieces of data sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Server Logs: We may track information about your visit to the Website and store that information in web server logs.
- Google Analytics: The Website, as well as third parties, may use Google Analytics cookies to collect aggregate information about how users visit the Website. You can review Google Analytics’ data practices here, and many install a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on here.
- Other Third-Party Services and Social Media Plugins: We may also use other third party services to track aggregate user data on our website. Some pages or portions of the Website may also use social media plugins or links for purposes such as aiding social media sharing, and may use integrated features with social media platforms such as allowing users to create accounts with us. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins and recommend that you review these third parties’ privacy policies.
How We Collect Information: We may collect information on the Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us when filling out forms on our Website (including information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, purchasing goods, or requesting information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website), records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders, and your search queries on the Website
- Automatically as you navigate through the site as noted above.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we strive to maintain a secure Website, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Do Not Track Signals Certain web browsers allow Users to provide “do not track” signals to websites. The Website does not respond to “do not track” signals.
- How We Use the Information that We Collect We may collect, use, and store information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To monitor and analyzing site traffic, usage, trends, and activities related to our services or the Website, and diagnosing technical problems, administering the Website, or providing or displaying content.
- To respond to your requests, questions, or comments.
- To process payments, verifying purchases or transfers, or servicing orders or accounts.
- To send you notifications concerning service or product updates, technical information, changes in products or services that we offer, general information, or modifications or updates to the Policy where applicable, and other messages.
- To send newsletters, notices, updates, technical information, or other electronic communications.
- To allow you to access and interact with interactive features of the Website.
- To carry out our obligations and enforcing rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
- We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide us as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lost Coast Wellness, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lost Coast Wellness, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lost Coast Wellness, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information in your user account by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information associated with your user account except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code section 1798.83 allows you to request information about our disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You can make such requests of us at the following contact information:
Lost Coast Wellness, LLC
3867 Plaza Tower Drive, 1st Floor
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Phone: (707) 986-4182
Within thirty (30) days of receiving an express written request, we will provide a list of the categories of personally identifiable information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted in ways other than those specified above.
If you are a resident of California and do not want us to disclose your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, please notify us of such using the contact information provided above, and clearly state your request, name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Upon receipt of your express written request, we will remove your name from lists we share with other companies as soon as reasonably practicable.
Additionally, if you are a California resident under the age of eighteen (18), and have registered to use the Site, California Business and Professions Code section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You can do so by contacting us at email@example.com. If you make such a request, please identify where the content or information is posted on the Site so that we can attempt to remove the post from public view or anonymize the content or information such that you cannot be identified. This removal process cannot ensure complete removal, for example, if content or information remains visible because a third party has copied the posting or reposted the content or information posted by the minor.
7. Right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt out of receiving future marketing, promotional, or emails from us by following the instructions set forth in any such emails. Even if you opt out of such communications, we may nevertheless transmit non-promotional communications to you, such as communications concerning ongoing representations or business relationships. We may not accommodate a request to change information if it believes that the requested change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Data Security, Retention, and Storage
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We retain personal information and other information for a reasonable amount of time as permitted by law.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.